Managing restless legs syndrome on a daily basis may take some trial and error. Treatments and lifestyle changes that work for some people may not work for others. In addition to prescription medications, getting regular exercise and implementing a consistent sleep schedule can be helpful. Taking baths, getting massages, and heating or icing your arms and legs may be other good options for managing symptoms. You should also limit caffeine and alcohol consumption and stop smoking.
- Q How is restless legs syndrome (RLS) diagnosed?
- Q What are the chances of recovery from restless legs syndrome (RLS)?
- Q Does restless legs syndrome get worse with age?
- Q What increases my risk for restless legs syndrome?
- Q Is restless legs syndrome a sleep disorder?
- Q How can I cope with restless leg syndrome (RLS)?