Managing restless legs syndrome on a daily basis may take some trial and error. Treatments and lifestyle changes that work for some people may not work for others. In addition to prescription medications, getting regular exercise and implementing a consistent sleep schedule can be helpful. Taking baths, getting massages, and heating or icing your arms and legs may be other good options for managing symptoms. You should also limit caffeine and alcohol consumption and stop smoking.
- Q How can I get a good night's sleep despite restless legs syndrome?
- Q How can restless leg syndrome (RLS) affect sleep?
- Q What are the chances of recovery from restless legs syndrome (RLS)?
- Q Does restless legs syndrome get worse with age?
- Q What are the different types of restless legs syndrome (RLS)?
- Q Who is at risk for restless legs syndrome (RLS)?