Managing restless legs syndrome on a daily basis may take some trial and error. Treatments and lifestyle changes that work for some people may not work for others. In addition to prescription medications, getting regular exercise and implementing a consistent sleep schedule can be helpful. Taking baths, getting massages, and heating or icing your arms and legs may be other good options for managing symptoms. You should also limit caffeine and alcohol consumption and stop smoking.
- Q What are the different types of restless legs syndrome (RLS)?
- Q How do medications treat restless legs syndrome?
- Q How do I care for someone with restless legs syndrome?
- Q How does restless legs syndrome affect the body?
- Q What are the symptoms of restless leg syndrome?
- Q Where can I find information about restless legs syndrome?