Managing restless legs syndrome on a daily basis may take some trial and error. Treatments and lifestyle changes that work for some people may not work for others. In addition to prescription medications, getting regular exercise and implementing a consistent sleep schedule can be helpful. Taking baths, getting massages, and heating or icing your arms and legs may be other good options for managing symptoms. You should also limit caffeine and alcohol consumption and stop smoking.
- Q What are the different types of restless legs syndrome (RLS)?
- Q Are leg cramps symptoms of restless legs syndrome (RLS)?
- Q How can restless leg syndrome (RLS) affect sleep?
- Q How do medications treat restless legs syndrome?
- Q How can I manage insomnia caused by restless leg syndrome (RLS)?
- Q What are complications of restless legs syndrome (RLS)?