Managing restless legs syndrome on a daily basis may take some trial and error. Treatments and lifestyle changes that work for some people may not work for others. In addition to prescription medications, getting regular exercise and implementing a consistent sleep schedule can be helpful. Taking baths, getting massages, and heating or icing your arms and legs may be other good options for managing symptoms. You should also limit caffeine and alcohol consumption and stop smoking.
- Q What is restless leg syndrome (RLS)?
- Q Is restless legs syndrome a sleep disorder?
- Q What causes restless legs syndrome (RLS)?
- Q Are there alternative treatments for restless legs syndrome?
- Q What are the symptoms of restless leg syndrome?
- Q What are the chances of recovery from restless legs syndrome (RLS)?