What is the best way to keep my lungs healthy?

The best way to keep lungs healthy is through exercise, a balanced diet and avoiding smoking. Watch David Kamrava, MD, of West Hills Hospital & Medical Center, explain more.
Ahmed El-Bershawi, MD
Pulmonary Disease
The best way to keep your lungs healthy is to improve your environment at home and work. In this video, Ahmed El-Bershawi, MD, a pulmonologist at Riverside Community Hospital, lists ways to improve your environment. 

Continue Learning about Healthy Respiratory System

Eat Plants to Keep Your Lungs Happy
Eat Plants to Keep Your Lungs Happy
Cutting your risk of lung cancer in half sounds pretty good. And all you may have to do to get there is eat more plants. Yep. Plant-based edibles -- ...
How can I strengthen my lungs?
This simple exercise can be done at any time during the day and will give your lungs a nice mini...
What is the respiratory system?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
The respiratory system is made up of the organs involved in the interchanges of gases, and consi...
When Being Out of Breath Is Something Serious
When Being Out of Breath Is Something SeriousWhen Being Out of Breath Is Something SeriousWhen Being Out of Breath Is Something SeriousWhen Being Out of Breath Is Something Serious
Struggling for air? It might be a sign of a larger health concern like low blood pressure or heart failure.