Is there any other determining factor to test how well I’m using oxygen?

There are many tests that can be utilized to determine cardiovascular fitness. However, one of the tests I prefer to use is VO2 max testing.  VO2 max is simply a test to determine the volume of oxygen being delivered and used by your muscle cells during physical exertion.  This test is a very good indicator of total cardiovascular fitness but must be done in a clinical setting.  Ask your doctor if you would like to have this test administered. You may also ask your trainer, chiropractor, or physical therapist.  They may not administer the test directly themselves but should know where you can go to get the test completed.

Continue Learning about Healthy Respiratory System

Breathe Better With 6 Tips for Eating With COPD
Breathe Better With 6 Tips for Eating With COPDBreathe Better With 6 Tips for Eating With COPDBreathe Better With 6 Tips for Eating With COPDBreathe Better With 6 Tips for Eating With COPD
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease makes breathing difficult; your diet shouldn't make it any harder. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) ...