When can I stop taking Kalydeco?

Your doctor may suggest that you stay on Kalydeco (ivacaftor), which is a treatment for cystic fibrosis (CF) in children over age 6, adolescents and adults. Kalydeco treats the underlying cause of one form of CF -- the type that is caused by a mutation in the CF gene, called the G551D mutation. That mutation is present in about 4% of people with CF.

If Kalydeco is appropriate for you, your doctor may want you to continue taking it to help keep your symptoms under control.

Continue Learning about Respiratory Agent

What is beractant?
Beractant is a drug created from a bovine (cow) lung extract. It contains fatty acids and proteins. ...
Should I call my doctor if my child has problems using oxygen?
Call your child's doctor if your child has any problems using oxygen therapy. If your child has ...
Does roflumilast interact with any other medications?
If you are taking a strong CYP3A4 inducer, loxapine, or rifampin, roflumilast can lead to side effec...
What should I know before taking roflumilast?
Roflumilast can trigger or worsen depressive symptoms and increase the risk of suicide. If you have...