When should I call the doctor if my child is taking Kalydeco?

If your child is taking Kalydeco (ivacaftor), a cystic fibrosis drug, call the doctor right away if he has any of these symptoms: pain or discomfort in the upper right stomach (abdominal) area; yellowing of the skin or the white part of the eyes; loss of appetite; nausea or vomiting; dark, amber-colored urine; extreme fatigue; or unusual bleeding or bruising.

You should also call your doctor if you have any questions about how to give this drug to your child or about possible interactions with other drugs, or if your child has any side effects that are bothersome or don't go away.

Continue Learning about Respiratory Agent