What should I know about Pulmozyme before taking it?

Before taking Pulmozyme you should know that Pulmozyme does not cure or prevent cystic fibrosis. It treats breathing difficulties associated with cystic fibrosis. You should also know that Pulmozyme is not recommended for children under five. Studies have shown that Pulmozyme may be more effective in younger people and with higher lung function. Pulmozyme has a low risk of interactions with other medications. It must be stored in the refrigerator prior to use. Pulmozyme comes in a one-time use packet without preservatives and an open dose should never be saved for future use. Do not discontinue Pulmozyme even if you begin to feel better while on Pulmozyme. Stopping Pulmozyme without the supervision of your doctor could increase breathing problems.

Continue Learning about Respiratory Agent

What type of oxygen therapy will my child receive?
The type of oxygen therapy your child receives depends on physical activities and how much and h...
What are on-demand devices for oxygen therapy?
An on-demand device gives you a small amount of oxygen when you need it, usually when you breath...
What are the precautions for clemastine (Dayhist Allergy or Tavist)?
There are several precautions you should discuss with your doctor and/or pharmacist before taking cl...
Will allergy and sinus medications make me feel drowsy?
Dr. Alan M. Young, MDDr. Alan M. Young, MD
Most allergy and sinus medications will not make you feel drowsy. The types of medicine that would m...