What should I know about desloratadine before taking it?

Before taking desloratadine, you need to know that desloratadine can cause allergic reactions in people who are allergic to loratadine or who have other allergies. You should also know that young children, under two years of age, should not take desloratadine. People with kidney or liver disease might not be able to take desloratadine, or they might need a dosing adjustment. In addition, you need to know that doctors are not sure about the effects of desloratadine on an unborn or breastfeeding baby, so talk to your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Finally, you should understand that desloratadine is a prescription medication. You should only take it if you have a prescription, and you should take the exact dose your doctor recommends.

Continue Learning about Respiratory Agent

What should I do if my doctor won't give me an antibiotic?
St Francis Medical CenterSt Francis Medical Center
If your doctor won't give you an antibiotic and you don't understand why you're not getting one, ask...
What is clemastine (Dayhist Allergy or Tavist)?
Clemastine (Dayhist Allergy, Tavist) is an antihistamine that is used to treat allergy symptoms. As ...
Who should take allergy and sinus medications?
If you have pollen allergy or sinus symptoms, over-the-counter (OTC) and prescription medications ca...
Will allergy and sinus medications make me feel drowsy?
Allergy and sinus medications may make you drowsy. A key ingredient in many over-the-counter formula...