What is talc intrapleural?

Talc intrapleural is used to prevent fluid from building up in your lungs after you have been treated for a condition called malignant pleural effusion, which is a buildup of cancerous fluid in your lungs. Talc intrapleural is available as a prescription spray or as a prescription powder that gets mixed into a solution. It is given through a tube that is placed through a small incision in your chest. Once the solution or spray goes into your body, it irritates your chest cavity linings and causes the tissues to stick to each other. This closes up your chest cavity, so fluid can no longer build up there. Talc intrapleural is available under the brand name Sclerosol Intrapleural Aerosol.

Continue Learning about Respiratory Agent

What are on-demand devices for oxygen therapy?
An on-demand device gives you a small amount of oxygen when you need it, usually when you breath...
What should I do if my doctor won't give me an antibiotic?
St Francis Medical CenterSt Francis Medical Center
If your doctor won't give you an antibiotic and you don't understand why you're not getting one, ask...
What time of day does my child need to receive the oxygen therapy?
What time of day your child receives oxygen therapy depends on how much is needed. Usually, if y...
What type of oxygen therapy will my child receive?
The type of oxygen therapy your child receives depends on physical activities and how much and h...