What is loratadine?

Loratadine is an antihistamine used to treat the symptoms of seasonal allergies like itchy nose and throat, watery eyes, sneezing and runny nose. Loratadine blocks histamine in the body, thereby lessening the effects of seasonal allergies. The brand names for loratadine are Alavert and Claritin.

Continue Learning about Respiratory Agent

Can my child travel while using oxygen therapy?
Using oxygen therapy should not keep your child from traveling. You need to learn the policies o...
What are the precautions for clemastine (Dayhist Allergy or Tavist)?
There are several precautions you should discuss with your doctor and/or pharmacist before taking cl...
Will my child need oxygen therapy for the rest of his life?
How long your child needs oxygen therapy depends on why he needs oxygen therapy. If your child h...
Will allergy and sinus medications make me feel drowsy?
Dr. Alan M. Young, MDDr. Alan M. Young, MD
Most allergy and sinus medications will not make you feel drowsy. The types of medicine that would m...