What is INOmax?

INOmax is the brand name for inhaled nitric oxide gas. It is used in the hospital to treat hypoxic (low oxygen) respiratory failure in newborns. This condition occurs in babies born with problems that affect their ability to take in oxygen. Inomax is a pulmonary vasodilator, which means it helps to relax blood vessels in the lungs.

Continue Learning about Respiratory Agent

What are the precautions for clemastine (Dayhist Allergy or Tavist)?
There are several precautions you should discuss with your doctor and/or pharmacist before taking cl...
What time of day does my child need to receive the oxygen therapy?
What time of day your child receives oxygen therapy depends on how much is needed. Usually, if y...
Can my child travel while using oxygen therapy?
Using oxygen therapy should not keep your child from traveling. You need to learn the policies o...
Who should take allergy and sinus medications?
If you have pollen allergy or sinus symptoms, over-the-counter (OTC) and prescription medications ca...