What is fluticasone inhalation?

Fluticasone inhalation is used to treat asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. It belongs to a class of medications known as corticosteroids. Corticosteroids are among the most common long-term asthma medications, and they work by reducing swelling in the passageways of the lungs that can interfere with breathing. Corticosteroids are naturally in the body, but for someone with asthma, more corticosteroid is needed. It is not used once an asthma attack has begun.

Continue Learning about Respiratory Agent

What are the precautions for clemastine (Dayhist Allergy or Tavist)?
There are several precautions you should discuss with your doctor and/or pharmacist before taking cl...
Will allergy and sinus medications make me feel drowsy?
Dr. Alan M. Young, MDDr. Alan M. Young, MD
Most allergy and sinus medications will not make you feel drowsy. The types of medicine that would m...
Who should take allergy and sinus medications?
If you have pollen allergy or sinus symptoms, over-the-counter (OTC) and prescription medications ca...
What should I know before taking roflumilast?
Roflumilast can trigger or worsen depressive symptoms and increase the risk of suicide. If you have...