What is Dopram?

Dopram is a medication to improve breathing after a person has had surgery or after a drug overdose. The medication is also used to treat hospitalized people who have chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) with high levels of carbon dioxide in their blood. Dopram stimulates the part of the brain that controls breathing by modifying certain brain chemicals. The medication is given as an injection or infusion in a hospital or doctor's office. The active ingredient in Dopram is doxapram.

Continue Learning about Respiratory Agent

Will I need a humidifier with my oxygen therapy?
If you are using transtracheal oxygen therapy (where oxygen comes in through a small tube insert...
What should I know before taking a 5-alpha reductase inhibitor?
If you have impaired liver function, a 5-alpha reductase inhibitor may not be a good option for you....
How effective is roflumilast?
Studies have shown that roflumilast can reduce the number of COPD symptom flare-ups. But it has only...
What are on-demand devices for oxygen therapy?
An on-demand device gives you a small amount of oxygen when you need it, usually when you breath...