What is cyproheptadine (Periactin)?

Cyproheptadine (Periactin) is an anti-allergy prescription drug that comes in both tablets and liquid. It is prescribed for a range of conditions, including inflammation of the skin (dermatitis), eczema, reactions to insect bites, hey fever and other allergic reactions. Even though it is used for a wide range of allergic conditions, it should not be used for asthma attacks.

Continue Learning about Respiratory Agent

Does roflumilast interact with any other medications?
If you are taking a strong CYP3A4 inducer, loxapine, or rifampin, roflumilast can lead to side effec...
What are on-demand devices for oxygen therapy?
An on-demand device gives you a small amount of oxygen when you need it, usually when you breath...
Will I need a humidifier with my oxygen therapy?
If you are using transtracheal oxygen therapy (where oxygen comes in through a small tube insert...
Will allergy and sinus medications make me feel drowsy?
Allergy and sinus medications may make you drowsy. A key ingredient in many over-the-counter formula...