What is Claritin-D?

Claritin-D is the brand name for a combination of the active ingredients loratadine and pseudoephedrine. This combination is available in a 12-hour extended-release and a 24-hour extended-release tablet both over-the-counter and by prescription. Loratadine is an antihistamine that reduces histamine levels in the body that cause sneezing, itching, watery eyes and a runny nose. Pseudoephedrine is a nasal decongestant that shrinks blood vessels to reduce nasal congestion. It is used for the relief of nasal and non-nasal symptoms that are associated with seasonal rhinitis.

Continue Learning about Respiratory Agent

What should I know before taking a 5-alpha reductase inhibitor?
If you have impaired liver function, a 5-alpha reductase inhibitor may not be a good option for you....
Who should take allergy and sinus medications?
If you have pollen allergy or sinus symptoms, over-the-counter (OTC) and prescription medications ca...
What type of oxygen therapy will my child receive?
The type of oxygen therapy your child receives depends on physical activities and how much and h...
Will my child need oxygen therapy for the rest of his life?
How long your child needs oxygen therapy depends on why he needs oxygen therapy. If your child h...