What is calfactant?

Calfactant is used to prevent and treat premature babies who have respiratory distress syndrome (RDS). The medication works like the natural fluid in the lungs that helps maintain breathing. It is in a class of medicines called lung surfactants. Calfactant is the generic name of this medication. The brand name is Infasurf. Calfactant is a liquid that is applied directly to a baby's lungs through a breathing tube.

Continue Learning about Respiratory Agent

What are the precautions for clemastine (Dayhist Allergy or Tavist)?
There are several precautions you should discuss with your doctor and/or pharmacist before taking cl...
Does roflumilast interact with any other medications?
If you are taking a strong CYP3A4 inducer, loxapine, or rifampin, roflumilast can lead to side effec...
What is roflumilast?
Roflumilast (Daliresp) is a phosphodiesterase inhibitor. It reduces inflammation but does not act di...
Should I call my doctor if my child has problems using oxygen?
Call your child's doctor if your child has any problems using oxygen therapy. If your child has ...