What is Aldurazyme?

Aldurazyme is a prescription medication that's used to treat symptoms of a genetic condition called Hurler syndrome, or mucopolysaccharidosis (MPS1). People with this condition don't have a certain enzyme that's needed to break down sugars and proteins, so those substances build up and cause problems with the organs and bones, and problems with breathing and moving. Aldurazyme is a glycoprotein, which means it helps replace the enzyme that the body is missing. Because of this, it may help improve the ability to breathe and walk in people with Hurler syndrome. Aldurazyme is given as an injection by a healthcare professional at a clinic or hospital. It's usually given once a week, and infusions may take several hours. Talk to your doctor to determine whether Aldurazyme is right for you.

Continue Learning about Respiratory Agent

How can I tell if my child needs oxygen therapy?
More than likely, you cannot tell if your child needs oxygen therapy. Your child's doctor needs ...
How do I keep my child safe while using oxygen therapy?
Do not smoke, and keep the oxygen away from any open flame or heat. Also, secure oxygen carts in...
Will my child need oxygen therapy for the rest of his life?
How long your child needs oxygen therapy depends on why he needs oxygen therapy. If your child h...
What should I know before taking roflumilast?
Roflumilast can trigger or worsen depressive symptoms and increase the risk of suicide. If you have...