What should I do if my child misses a dose of Kalydeco?

If your child misses a dose of Kalydeco (ivacaftor) and it's only a few hours after he usually takes it, you can give him the pill. But if it is closer to the time of the next dose, skip the missed dose and give him the next dose at the right time. Never give your child two pills at the same time to "make up" for a missed dose.

Kalydeco, a prescription drug for a certain form of cystic fibrosis, is taken twice a day, about 12 hours apart.

Continue Learning about Respiratory Agent

Can my child travel while using oxygen therapy?
Using oxygen therapy should not keep your child from traveling. You need to learn the policies o...
What type of oxygen therapy will my child receive?
The type of oxygen therapy your child receives depends on physical activities and how much and h...
What is roflumilast?
Roflumilast (Daliresp) is a phosphodiesterase inhibitor. It reduces inflammation but does not act di...
What should I know before taking a 5-alpha reductase inhibitor?
If you have impaired liver function, a 5-alpha reductase inhibitor may not be a good option for you....