What are the side effects of beractant?

More common and less serious side effects of beractant include: feeding problems, bowel problems, noisy breathing and bleeding around the endotracheal tube. If your baby is receiving beractant, it likely is being delivered by healthcare professionals in a neonatal intensive care unit (NICU). If you notice any of these more severe side effects, tell your baby's healthcare providers immediately:
  • slow heartbeat
  • breathing that stops
  • pale skin
  • urinating less than usual
  • blood in the urine
Call 911 for:
  • signs of an allergic reaction to the drug that may include difficulty breathing, hives or swelling of the face, tongue, throat or lips.

Continue Learning about Respiratory Agent

What should I do if my doctor won't give me an antibiotic?
St Francis Medical CenterSt Francis Medical Center
If your doctor won't give you an antibiotic and you don't understand why you're not getting one, ask...
What should I know before taking a 5-alpha reductase inhibitor?
If you have impaired liver function, a 5-alpha reductase inhibitor may not be a good option for you....
Can my child travel while using oxygen therapy?
Using oxygen therapy should not keep your child from traveling. You need to learn the policies o...
Will allergy and sinus medications make me feel drowsy?
Allergy and sinus medications may make you drowsy. A key ingredient in many over-the-counter formula...