What should my pharmacist know about my allergy and sinus medications?

If you are looking for an over-the-counter medication, talk to your pharmacist about your symptoms, any other health conditions like high blood pressure, and any other prescriptions, over-the-counter medications or dietary supplements that you are currently using. The pharmacist should be able to point you to the safest and most effective over-the-counter medication for you. If you are under a doctor’s care for allergies, asthma, chronic sinus problems or anything else, talk to your pharmacist as well. Tell the pharmacist what else you are using, whether it is a prescription, an over-the-counter drug or a dietary supplement. That will ensure it is safe to take them along with the allergy or sinus medication you are using.

Continue Learning about Respiratory Agent

What should I know before taking roflumilast?
Roflumilast can trigger or worsen depressive symptoms and increase the risk of suicide. If you have...
Will allergy and sinus medications make me feel drowsy?
Allergy and sinus medications may make you drowsy. A key ingredient in many over-the-counter formula...
How do I keep my child safe while using oxygen therapy?
Do not smoke, and keep the oxygen away from any open flame or heat. Also, secure oxygen carts in...
Can my child travel while using oxygen therapy?
Using oxygen therapy should not keep your child from traveling. You need to learn the policies o...