What are the side effects of hydrocodone and chlorpheniramine?

The most common side effects caused by hydrocodone-chlorpheniramine are dizziness and drowsiness. Do not drive or engage in hazardous activities until you know how the medication will affect you. Other symptoms include:

• stomach upset or nausea
  • vomiting
  • excitable or rapidly changing moods
  • sweating
  • a mild rash
  • blurred vision
  • constipation
  • loss of appetite
  • dryness in the mouth, nose or throat
  • thick mucus

If these side effects don't go away or get worse, contact your doctor. Other more severe symptoms include:

• flushing/redness in the face
  • trouble urinating or painful urination
  • pounding or rapid heartbeat
  • confusion
  • hallucinations
  • erratic behavior

If these occur call your doctor right away. Allergic reactions are also possible. If you have symptoms of a severe allergic reaction, such as swelling around the mouth or face, chest tightness and difficulty breathing, this is a medical emergency. Call 911.

Along with side effects, the other possible effect of the medication is an overdose. Taking too much hydrocodone-chlorpheniramine at once carries the risk of a potentially life-threatening overdose. This risk is increased if the medication is taken over a long period of time, as the body will build up a tolerance to it, making increasingly larger doses necessary to have an effect. Taking too much of the medication over time can also cause physical dependence, leading to nasty withdrawal symptoms if you stop taking the medication too suddenly. Your doctor can help you ease off the medication if you develop a physical dependence.

Continue Learning about Respiratory Agent

What should I know before taking roflumilast?
Roflumilast can trigger or worsen depressive symptoms and increase the risk of suicide. If you have...
Will allergy and sinus medications make me feel drowsy?
Allergy and sinus medications may make you drowsy. A key ingredient in many over-the-counter formula...
How do I keep my child safe while using oxygen therapy?
Do not smoke, and keep the oxygen away from any open flame or heat. Also, secure oxygen carts in...
What time of day does my child need to receive the oxygen therapy?
What time of day your child receives oxygen therapy depends on how much is needed. Usually, if y...