Who should take loratadine?

Loratadine is intended for anyone suffering from seasonal allergies and experiencing symptoms like itchy nose and throat, watery eyes and sneezing. Loratadine blocks histamine in the body, thereby lessening the effects of seasonal allergies. On the other hand, certain medical conditions and medications could inhibit your dose of loratadine. Medical conditions like phenylketonuria (PKU), pregnancy, asthma, nursing, allergies and kidney or liver problems may increase your chance for adverse reactions. Additionally, the medication amiodarone may interact with loratadine. If you have allergies to any of the active ingredients in loratadine, you should not take this medication.

Continue Learning about Respiratory Agent

What time of day does my child need to receive the oxygen therapy?
What time of day your child receives oxygen therapy depends on how much is needed. Usually, if y...
How can I tell if my child needs oxygen therapy?
More than likely, you cannot tell if your child needs oxygen therapy. Your child's doctor needs ...
Who should take allergy and sinus medications?
If you have pollen allergy or sinus symptoms, over-the-counter (OTC) and prescription medications ca...
How effective is roflumilast?
Studies have shown that roflumilast can reduce the number of COPD symptom flare-ups. But it has only...