What are the risks of taking Aralast?

Some people are at risk for an allergic reaction to Aralast, especially if they have low levels of or antibodies to IgA. Aralast is made from the blood plasma of human donors and may contain contagious viruses or other infectious agents. Even though the human blood plasma used to make Aralast is carefully screened, tested and purified, you still run the risk of contracting a contagious illness such as hepatitis.

Discuss the risks and benefits of taking Aralast with your doctor before you begin using it. Your doctor may choose to vaccinate you against certain contagious illnesses to eliminate your chances of contracting them from Aralast.

If you develop symptoms of infection, such as sore throat, fatigue, nasal congestion, excessive drowsiness, persistent nausea and vomiting, joint pain, yellowing of the eyes or skin, darkened urine or persistent fever, while taking Aralast talk to your doctor right away.

Continue Learning about Respiratory Agent

What time of day does my child need to receive the oxygen therapy?
What time of day your child receives oxygen therapy depends on how much is needed. Usually, if y...
How can I tell if my child needs oxygen therapy?
More than likely, you cannot tell if your child needs oxygen therapy. Your child's doctor needs ...
How effective is roflumilast?
Studies have shown that roflumilast can reduce the number of COPD symptom flare-ups. But it has only...
Will my child be uncomfortable using oxygen therapy?
Using a nasal tube or face mask may be uncomfortable for your child at first. Try letting your c...