Is Pulmozyme safe for pregnant or breastfeeding women?

It is unclear whether Pulmozyme (dornase alpha) is safe for pregnant or breastfeeding women. The FDA has categorized this medication as a Class B. Generally speaking, Class B medications have not shown a negative impact on animals who are pregnant. However, studies have not yet been conducted on humans, and it is not known whether Pulmozyme will harm a fetus. It also is not known if Pulmozyme will pass though breast milk to your child. Therefore, it is best to talk to your doctor about the risks and benefits of taking Pulmozyme while pregnant or breastfeeding.

Continue Learning about Respiratory Agent

Are allergy and sinus medications safe for my child?
Dr. Alan M. Young, MDDr. Alan M. Young, MD
Most allergy and sinus medications are safe for children over the age of two. If children are under ...
How can I tell if my child needs oxygen therapy?
More than likely, you cannot tell if your child needs oxygen therapy. Your child's doctor needs ...
How effective is roflumilast?
Studies have shown that roflumilast can reduce the number of COPD symptom flare-ups. But it has only...
What should I know before taking a 5-alpha reductase inhibitor?
If you have impaired liver function, a 5-alpha reductase inhibitor may not be a good option for you....