What are on-demand devices for oxygen therapy?

An on-demand device gives you a small amount of oxygen when you need it, usually when you breathe through your nose. It is connected to your oxygen supply by a short tube in your nose, and gives you a shot of oxygen when it senses you inhaling. A congested nose makes it hard for the device to work. If you choose this type of device, you can get one with an alarm that goes off if there is no breathing.

Talk to your doctor about whether the on-demand device is right for you.

Continue Learning about Respiratory Agent

Will I need a humidifier with my oxygen therapy?
If you are using transtracheal oxygen therapy (where oxygen comes in through a small tube insert...
Are allergy and sinus medications safe for my child?
Certain allergy and sinus medications have been approved for the use in children. Depending on the s...
What is clemastine (Dayhist Allergy or Tavist)?
Clemastine (Dayhist Allergy, Tavist) is an antihistamine that is used to treat allergy symptoms. As ...
Will my child be uncomfortable using oxygen therapy?
Using a nasal tube or face mask may be uncomfortable for your child at first. Try letting your c...