What are on-demand devices for oxygen therapy?

An on-demand device gives you a small amount of oxygen when you need it, usually when you breathe through your nose. It is connected to your oxygen supply by a short tube in your nose, and gives you a shot of oxygen when it senses you inhaling. A congested nose makes it hard for the device to work. If you choose this type of device, you can get one with an alarm that goes off if there is no breathing.

Talk to your doctor about whether the on-demand device is right for you.

Continue Learning about Respiratory Agent

What is clemastine (Dayhist Allergy or Tavist)?
Clemastine (Dayhist Allergy, Tavist) is an antihistamine that is used to treat allergy symptoms. As ...
What type of oxygen therapy will my child receive?
The type of oxygen therapy your child receives depends on physical activities and how much and h...
What should I know before taking roflumilast?
Roflumilast can trigger or worsen depressive symptoms and increase the risk of suicide. If you have...
How can I tell if my child needs oxygen therapy?
More than likely, you cannot tell if your child needs oxygen therapy. Your child's doctor needs ...