Who should not take fluticasone nasal?

If you are currently pregnant or are thinking about becoming pregnant, talk to your doctor before using fluticasone nasal. It belongs to a family of medications, called corticosteroids, that have been known to affect unborn babies. It is not known whether fluticasone passes into breast milk, so you should discuss this potential risk with a doctor if you are planning to nurse a baby. Finally, fluticasone can affect the growth of a child and may be dangerous for children under four years of age. Never give it to anyone for whom it has not been prescribed, and tell your doctor if you think your child's growth is being affected.

Continue Learning about Respiratory Agent

What are the precautions for clemastine (Dayhist Allergy or Tavist)?
There are several precautions you should discuss with your doctor and/or pharmacist before taking cl...
What is clemastine (Dayhist Allergy or Tavist)?
Clemastine (Dayhist Allergy, Tavist) is an antihistamine that is used to treat allergy symptoms. As ...
What should I do if my doctor won't give me an antibiotic?
St Francis Medical CenterSt Francis Medical Center
If your doctor won't give you an antibiotic and you don't understand why you're not getting one, ask...
Should I call my doctor if my child has problems using oxygen?
Call your child's doctor if your child has any problems using oxygen therapy. If your child has ...