Is there a generic version of Kalydeco?

There is no generic form of Kalydeco. The active ingredient in Kalydeco is ivacaftor, but it is not available in generic form.

Kalydeco was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in January 2012 to treat a rare form of cystic fibrosis. Kalydeco is protected by patent until 2027, which means a pharmaceutical company can't sell a generic form until then.

Continue Learning about Respiratory Agent

How can I tell if my child needs oxygen therapy?
More than likely, you cannot tell if your child needs oxygen therapy. Your child's doctor needs ...
How effective is roflumilast?
Studies have shown that roflumilast can reduce the number of COPD symptom flare-ups. But it has only...
Can my child receive oxygen therapy?
Yes, your child can receive oxygen therapy if prescribed by the doctor. Oxygen therapy is used i...
What type of oxygen therapy will my child receive?
The type of oxygen therapy your child receives depends on physical activities and how much and h...