How should I use fluticasone inhalation?

You should use your fluticasone inhalation exactly as directed by your doctor. Read the information in the package and follow the these steps:
  • Take off the wrapping.
  • Remove the mouthpiece cap and check the mouthpiece for dirt.
  • Insert the canister all the way into the actuator.
  • Shake the actuator with the canister in it.
  • For the first use, prime the inhaler by releasing four test sprays into the air, away from your face, shaking the inhaler before each spray.
  • Exhale.
  • With the mouthpiece facing you and at the bottom, place your thumb under the mouthpiece and your index finger on top of the canister.
  • Close your mouth around the mouthpiece.
  • Press down firmly on the top of the canister, and at the same time breathe in deeply and slowly. Remove your finger from the top.
  • Take the inhaler out of your mouth and close your mouth.
  • Hold your breath for 10 seconds, if possible.
  • Repeat as many times as you have been instructed by your doctor.
  • Replace the cap on the mouthpiece.
  • Swish water in your mouth and spit it out without swallowing.

Continue Learning about Respiratory Agent

Will my child be uncomfortable using oxygen therapy?
Using a nasal tube or face mask may be uncomfortable for your child at first. Try letting your c...
Can my child travel while using oxygen therapy?
Using oxygen therapy should not keep your child from traveling. You need to learn the policies o...
Who should take allergy and sinus medications?
If you have pollen allergy or sinus symptoms, over-the-counter (OTC) and prescription medications ca...
How do I keep my child safe while using oxygen therapy?
Do not smoke, and keep the oxygen away from any open flame or heat. Also, secure oxygen carts in...