How can I minimize the side effects of Kalydeco?

You can minimize the side effects of Kalydeco (ivacaftor), a drug to treat cystic fibrosis, by taking it exactly as the doctor tells you to. You should take it with high-fat foods such as nuts or cheese so your body can best absorb it.

Another way to minimize the side effects of Kalydeco is to tell your doctor about all the prescription and over-the-counter drugs and supplements you take, to make sure none interact with Kalydeco. It's also important to call your doctor if you have any symptom that bothers you or doesn't go away.

Continue Learning about Respiratory Agent

What are the precautions for clemastine (Dayhist Allergy or Tavist)?
There are several precautions you should discuss with your doctor and/or pharmacist before taking cl...
What is roflumilast?
Roflumilast (Daliresp) is a phosphodiesterase inhibitor. It reduces inflammation but does not act di...
How do I keep my child safe while using oxygen therapy?
Do not smoke, and keep the oxygen away from any open flame or heat. Also, secure oxygen carts in...
What time of day does my child need to receive the oxygen therapy?
What time of day your child receives oxygen therapy depends on how much is needed. Usually, if y...