How soon after starting Kalydeco will my child's symptoms improve?

Kalydeco, a prescription drug to treat a certain form of cystic fibrosis, has been studied in children ages 6 to 11 and in another study of adolescents and adults 12 years and older (where the average age was 26). Both studies had very similar results. After 24 weeks, there was significant improvement in the children who took Kalydeco -- in lung function, for example -- compared to children who took a placebo (a sugar pill containing no active ingredients) instead. The benefits continued throughout the 48 weeks of the study.

Continue Learning about Respiratory Agent

How effective is roflumilast?
Studies have shown that roflumilast can reduce the number of COPD symptom flare-ups. But it has only...
What are the precautions for clemastine (Dayhist Allergy or Tavist)?
There are several precautions you should discuss with your doctor and/or pharmacist before taking cl...
Will allergy and sinus medications make me feel drowsy?
Allergy and sinus medications may make you drowsy. A key ingredient in many over-the-counter formula...
How can I tell if my child needs oxygen therapy?
More than likely, you cannot tell if your child needs oxygen therapy. Your child's doctor needs ...