How is cyproheptadine (Periactin) stored?

Cyproheptadine (Periactin) tablets or liquid should be stored at room temperature. It should be kept away from moisture and heat, so do not store in a bathroom or near ovens or stoves. Keep away from the reach of children and pets. Keep it in the original bottle you received from the pharmacist. If the medication is expired, ask your doctor or pharmacist how best to discard it.

Continue Learning about Respiratory Agent

Will my child be uncomfortable using oxygen therapy?
Using a nasal tube or face mask may be uncomfortable for your child at first. Try letting your c...
Are allergy and sinus medications safe for my child?
Dr. Paul M. Ehrlich, MDDr. Paul M. Ehrlich, MD
Some are and some aren't. In our book, we give a rundown of allergic rhinitis medications and they v...
Will allergy and sinus medications make me feel drowsy?
Allergy and sinus medications may make you drowsy. A key ingredient in many over-the-counter formula...
What should I know before taking roflumilast?
Roflumilast can trigger or worsen depressive symptoms and increase the risk of suicide. If you have...