Is there a generic version of Pulmozyme?

Pulmozyme is classified as a biologic medication, meaning live cells or organisms are used to produce the compound that makes the medication. Under current law, there cannot be generic versions of biologic medications. If you see an advertisement for generic Pulmozyme, do not be tempted to purchase it. It is not possible for it to be an approved form of Pulmozyme and it is not safe to substitute it for a Pulmozyme prescription.

Continue Learning about Respiratory Agent

Who should take allergy and sinus medications?
If you have pollen allergy or sinus symptoms, over-the-counter (OTC) and prescription medications ca...
Will allergy and sinus medications make me feel drowsy?
Allergy and sinus medications may make you drowsy. A key ingredient in many over-the-counter formula...
What should I know before taking a 5-alpha reductase inhibitor?
If you have impaired liver function, a 5-alpha reductase inhibitor may not be a good option for you....
How can I tell if my child needs oxygen therapy?
More than likely, you cannot tell if your child needs oxygen therapy. Your child's doctor needs ...