Is fluticasone inhalation called by any other names?

Yes. Fluticasone comes in two forms: fluticasone furoate and fluticasone propionate. Fluticasone furoate, in combination with salmeterol, is sold as the aerosol inhaler Advair HFA and the power inhaler Advair Diskus. Fluticasone propionate is sold as the powder inhaler Flovent Diskus. Fluticasone is also available as a topical form and as a nasal spray.

Continue Learning about Respiratory Agent

What are the precautions for clemastine (Dayhist Allergy or Tavist)?
There are several precautions you should discuss with your doctor and/or pharmacist before taking cl...
What should I know before taking roflumilast?
Roflumilast can trigger or worsen depressive symptoms and increase the risk of suicide. If you have...
Are allergy and sinus medications safe for my child?
Dr. Paul M. Ehrlich, MDDr. Paul M. Ehrlich, MD
Some are and some aren't. In our book, we give a rundown of allergic rhinitis medications and they v...
What are on-demand devices for oxygen therapy?
An on-demand device gives you a small amount of oxygen when you need it, usually when you breath...