What should I do if my doctor won't give me an antibiotic?

If your doctor won't give you an antibiotic and you don't understand why you're not getting one, ask the doctor about it. When people are at their doctors' offices they need to understand that if doctors are saying, “You don't need an antibiotic,” they're not doing it to be punitive in any way. They're not doing it to give you any type of lesser care. When antibiotics are prescribed in an inappropriate situation over time it can lead to an increased amount of bacterial resistance for certain bacteria.

Trinity Health is a Catholic health care organization that acts in accordance with the Catholic tradition and does not condone or support all practices covered in this site. In case of emergency call 911. This site is educational and not a substitute for professional medical advice, always seek the advice of a qualified health care provider.

Continue Learning about Respiratory Agent

Can my child travel while using oxygen therapy?
Using oxygen therapy should not keep your child from traveling. You need to learn the policies o...
What should I know before taking a 5-alpha reductase inhibitor?
If you have impaired liver function, a 5-alpha reductase inhibitor may not be a good option for you....
How can I tell if my child needs oxygen therapy?
More than likely, you cannot tell if your child needs oxygen therapy. Your child's doctor needs ...
Who should take allergy and sinus medications?
If you have pollen allergy or sinus symptoms, over-the-counter (OTC) and prescription medications ca...