Will my child be uncomfortable using oxygen therapy?

Using a nasal tube or face mask may be uncomfortable for your child at first. Try letting your child play with the mask first or put it on a stuffed animal to see how it works. If the tube irritates the nose, try the mask. Make sure you let your child know when the tubing or mask is worn correctly. Talk to your child's doctor about other ways to make your child comfortable while using oxygen therapy.

Continue Learning about Respiratory Agent

How effective is roflumilast?
Studies have shown that roflumilast can reduce the number of COPD symptom flare-ups. But it has only...
What type of oxygen therapy will my child receive?
The type of oxygen therapy your child receives depends on physical activities and how much and h...
Will allergy and sinus medications make me feel drowsy?
Dr. Alan M. Young, MDDr. Alan M. Young, MD
Most allergy and sinus medications will not make you feel drowsy. The types of medicine that would m...
Who should take allergy and sinus medications?
If you have pollen allergy or sinus symptoms, over-the-counter (OTC) and prescription medications ca...