Can my child safely use Flovent Diskus?

Flovent Diskus has been approved for use in children. However, caution is suggested. Though it is unlikely to occur with inhaled steroids, such as in Flovent Diskus, it is possible that it may temporarily slow down a child's rate of growth. Studies show it will probably not affect final adult height.

Ask your pharmacist or doctor how to monitor your child's height and how often you should do so.

Continue Learning about Respiratory Agent

What time of day does my child need to receive the oxygen therapy?
What time of day your child receives oxygen therapy depends on how much is needed. Usually, if y...
What should I do if my doctor won't give me an antibiotic?
St Francis Medical CenterSt Francis Medical Center
If your doctor won't give you an antibiotic and you don't understand why you're not getting one, ask...
What are on-demand devices for oxygen therapy?
An on-demand device gives you a small amount of oxygen when you need it, usually when you breath...
Can my child travel while using oxygen therapy?
Using oxygen therapy should not keep your child from traveling. You need to learn the policies o...