Is it safe to breastfeed while I'm on Flovent Diskus?

It is not known whether the medicine in Flovent Diskus is found in human milk. However, other medicines in the same class have been found in human milk. Since there are no results from controlled clinical trials, talk to your doctor about whether to discontinue nursing or to stop taking Flovent Diskus, taking into account the importance of the medicine to the mother.

Continue Learning about Respiratory Agent

What are on-demand devices for oxygen therapy?
An on-demand device gives you a small amount of oxygen when you need it, usually when you breath...
Will allergy and sinus medications make me feel drowsy?
Allergy and sinus medications may make you drowsy. A key ingredient in many over-the-counter formula...
Will my child need oxygen therapy for the rest of his life?
How long your child needs oxygen therapy depends on why he needs oxygen therapy. If your child h...
How can I tell if my child needs oxygen therapy?
More than likely, you cannot tell if your child needs oxygen therapy. Your child's doctor needs ...