What is daily undulating periodization?

Daily undulating periodization refers to using different loads, reps, and sets in a resistance training program on different days of the week. An example of this might be to perform 3 sets of 10 repetitions per exercise using moderate resistance on Monday; 2 sets of 15 repetitions per exercise using light resistance on Wednesday; and 5 sets of 6 repetitions per exercise using heavier resistance on Friday.The purpose behind daily undulating periodization is to get your body to respond to a variety of different challenges rather than focusing on only one challenge at a time.

Continue Learning about Resistance Training

Resistance Is Far From Futile...It's the Best
Jeri Ryan, as the Seven of Nine Borg in Star Trek: Voyager, claimed resistance was futile. Turned out not to be the case. In space, and right here on ...
Should I wait until I'm in better shape before I start resistance training?
Serena Rain , NASM Elite TrainerSerena Rain , NASM Elite Trainer
Many people think of resistance training as heavy duty weight lifting, and while it’s important not ...
If I do cardio, why do I need to do resistance training to tone up?
Donna Verive , NASM Elite TrainerDonna Verive , NASM Elite Trainer
Oh YES! Cardio helps to create a calorie deficit, and while that is a fantastic effect, doing cardio...
How can I begin a weight training program?
HCA Midwest HealthHCA Midwest Health
To begin a weight training program, first discuss any kind of exercise routine with your primary car...