What are the benefits of suspension training?

One of the biggest benefits of suspension training is increased core stability and strength. Regardless of the movement or body part being trained, during suspension training the core muscles must remain engaged to maintain proper body position. Also, because most of the movements involve multiple joints and occur in multiple directions, suspension training can also improve balance and coordination. Lastly, because it requires that all of the muscles of the body must work together and the same piece of equipment is used for every movement, transition time between movements is minimal making suspension training a very time-efficient method of exercise.

Continue Learning about Resistance Training

What is a Smith squat in weight training?
Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)
Smith squats target the legs. To do a Smith squat, place the Smith bar on your shoulders and hold on...
If I do cardio, why do I need to do resistance training to tone up?
Donna Verive , NASM Elite TrainerDonna Verive , NASM Elite Trainer
Oh YES! Cardio helps to create a calorie deficit, and while that is a fantastic effect, doing cardio...
Will I get stronger if I only use a single-set resistance training routine?
Dr. Mike Clark, DPTDr. Mike Clark, DPT
If you are a beginner to resistance training, single-set training will increase your strength for th...
Is it better to do full-range-of-motion or partial training?
Assuming you have no injuries or structural limitations that prevent you from performing full-range-...