Is it appropriate to do resistance training during the baseball season?

Resistance training should be a part of a baseball or softball player's conditioning plan throughout the entire year; however, the type and intensity will vary depending on the goals of each specific phase of training. During the in-season, resistance training should be used to help correct any impaired movement patterns and to maintain strength levels obtained during the off-season. The goals of this phase of training shift from performance enhancement during the off-season to injury prevention and muscular endurance during the in-season.

Continue Learning about Resistance Training

Resistance Is Far From Futile...It's the Best
Jeri Ryan, as the Seven of Nine Borg in Star Trek: Voyager, claimed resistance was futile. Turned out not to be the case. In space, and right here on ...
How should I breathe when performing my resistance training exercises?
Generally, when performing resistance training exercises you should exhale when you are exerting the...
Will suspension training make me leaner and stronger?
Yes. Suspension training may make you stronger and leaner. Because suspension training uses your bod...
Will resistance training help improve my cardiorespiratory fitness?
Yes, resistance training should help to improve your cardiorespiratory fitness. The cardiorespirator...