Is it appropriate to do resistance training during the baseball season?

Resistance training should be a part of a baseball or softball player's conditioning plan throughout the entire year; however, the type and intensity will vary depending on the goals of each specific phase of training. During the in-season, resistance training should be used to help correct any impaired movement patterns and to maintain strength levels obtained during the off-season. The goals of this phase of training shift from performance enhancement during the off-season to injury prevention and muscular endurance during the in-season.

Continue Learning about Resistance Training

Resistance Is Far From Futile...It's the Best
Jeri Ryan, as the Seven of Nine Borg in Star Trek: Voyager, claimed resistance was futile. Turned out not to be the case. In space, and right here on ...
Can resistance training benefit the brain?
Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)
For many years, experts have been touting the benefits of aerobic activity on the brain. Accordi...
Why should I do resistance training?
Sanjay Gupta, MDSanjay Gupta, MD
Resistance training is really important for overall longevity because of your functionality with you...
What should I do if I feel pain when I do a resistance training exercise?
Jara Soost , NASM Elite TrainerJara Soost , NASM Elite Trainer
Many people believe in "No pain, No gain!" rule of thumb, especially when it comes to resistance tra...