Is it better to do full-range-of-motion or partial training?

Assuming you have no injuries or structural limitations that prevent you from performing full-range-of-motion work, and that your goals are general strength and conditioning for optimal health, you can use full-range-of-motion training. However, this should only be done 90% of the time. When you want to take the training stimulus up a notch, perform a two- or three-week cycle of heavy partials.

Continue Learning about Resistance Training

Resistance Is Far From Futile...It's the Best
Jeri Ryan, as the Seven of Nine Borg in Star Trek: Voyager, claimed resistance was futile. Turned out not to be the case. In space, and right here on ...
Can resistance training improve my posture?
Susan Retzlaff, NASM Elite TrainerSusan Retzlaff, NASM Elite Trainer
Yes, but you need to be in good posture (neutral spine) when you are going the resistance training. ...
What equipment can I use to perform suspension training?
Jeff Croswell , NASM Elite TrainerJeff Croswell , NASM Elite Trainer
The TRX which was developed by a former navy seal and sold by Fitness Anywhere.  It is a great devic...
Why should I do resistance training?
Sanjay Gupta, MDSanjay Gupta, MD
Resistance training is really important for overall longevity because of your functionality with you...