When should I consult my doctor about metabolic surgery?

Metabolic surgery is an option to pursue if you have a body mass index (BMI) of 35 or higher and are having trouble managing medical problems such as diabetes despite the medication that you are on. Even at BMI levels below 35, you may be interested in study protocols for metabolic surgery because early intervention is very rapidly becoming an area of increased focus.

Continue Learning about Research & Treatment Innovations

How are gangliosidoses treated?
Piedmont Heart InstitutePiedmont Heart Institute
No specific treatment exists for the gangliosidoses. Anticonvulsants may initially control seizures....
What is Xuriden?
Xuriden (uridine triacetate) is a medication used to treat a rare inherited disease known as heredit...
Why is It Important to Understand Genetics?
What Causes Public Efforts to AId In Treatment Research?