Can I choose not to vaccinate my child on religious grounds?

As of now, 48 states allow parents to excuse their children from vaccination requirements on religious grounds, and 19 of those states also allow exemptions for parents with secular philosophical concerns. About 3 percent of U.S. children are excused from immunization by parents; in some areas, the rate is as high as 15 to 20 percent.
YOU: Having a Baby: The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy

Can I get a cavity filled while pregnant? Will avoiding spicy foods make my kid a picky eater? Can I really increase my baby's IQ while she's in utero? Whether you're pregnant for the first time,...

Continue Learning about Religious Beliefs

How is parenting an opportunity for spiritual growth?
Arianna HuffingtonArianna Huffington
Of all the roles that can be a thread to meaning and purpose in our lives, none is stronger than the...
Is cremation allowed in Buddhism?
EverplansEverplans
Cremation is allowed in Buddhism. If a body will be cremated, monks may be present at the crematoriu...
What is transcendence?
Now more than ever, we're understanding the biology behind this sense of transcendence beyond our ty...
What is the real purpose of prayer?
Lisa OzLisa Oz
We use prayer as an opportunity to make requests, register complaints, and express our frustration o...