What happens in my body when I am relaxed?

Dawn Marcus
Neurology
When you achieve deep relaxation, your:
  • Breathing becomes slow, deep, and regular
  • Heart rate slows down
  • Blood returns to your skin so that your hands and feet feel warmer
  • Muscle tension is reduced
The Woman's Fibromyalgia Toolkit: Manage Your Symptoms and Take Control of Your Life

The Woman's Fibromyalgia Toolkit tells readers what they need to know to take control of fibromyalgia symptoms. It includes step-by-step instructions for using effective non-drug treatments,...

Continue Learning about Relaxation Therapy

When do I use progressive relaxation?
Progressive relaxation is good to use when you are having a stressful moment or a moment of high...
What are some good relaxation techniques?
LIVESTRONGLIVESTRONG
There are manyways to relax or meditate, but they all are intended to help you relax and feel more c...
Use Technology to Get Organized
Use Technology to Get Organized
For a Healthy Heart, Don't Skip Your Vacation