How can I relax my mind during the day?

Find a comfortable, quiet spot to sit for ten to fifteen minutes every day, stop all your hustling and bustling ... and simply, by yourself, be still. Slowing down in this way, if you do it every day, helps create a sense of spaciousness in your life, a break in the old routine that can open the door to new perceptions, new solutions to old problems, new possibilities. It gives your brain, your psyche, your whole being a break. Like one long peaceful sigh.

Alternatively, meditate. Instead, think of it as entering a deeply restful sleep while being fully awake, a super-relaxed state. That’s what meditation is really like. Unfortunately, many people have the wrong idea about it (“I’m not seeking enlightenment; I have enough to worry about”). Once you’ve put a little private time for yourself on the agenda, meditation can become a valuable stress tool. It’s not tricky to learn or to do, and takes only fifteen to thirty minutes per day.

From The Mind-Beauty Connection: 9 Days to Less Stress, Gorgeous Skin, and a Whole New You by Amy Wechsler.

Continue Learning about Relaxation Therapy

How can relaxation therapies relieve pain?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
Because pain is so elusive and difficult to measure, it lends itself well to mind/body therapies...
For a Healthy Heart, Don't Skip Your Vacation
What Are the Benefits of Progressive Muscular Relaxation (PMR)?
2 Ways to Breathe for More Energy
2 Ways to Breathe for More Energy