What do all of my relationships have in common?

Arlene Feuerberg-Isaacs

You will find that it is very common to get into the same type of relationship over and over again. One tends to get into a relationship that feels comfortable and familiar. If you look back over your life you will see a pattern of getting involved with the same type of person. Very often you make a conscious effort not to repeat the same mistakes but unless you have worked out the reason you pick the same type of person over and over again it will continue to happen.

Lisa Oz
Health Education

All of your relationships have one thing in common: you. You are the fundamental unit of every partnership, friendship, romantic entanglement, or antagonistic encounter you've ever had. And since you're the only part of your relationships that you actually have any control over, working with you is a pretty good place to start.

Continue Learning about Relationships and Family

Kindness, Forgiveness, and Generosity Often Most Meaningful at Home
There's generous as in Melinda and Bill Gates donating billions, or Oprah handing out cars. Then there's generous as in giving your partner a travel m...
Do I want my relationships to be smooth and easy going?
Lisa OzLisa Oz
You can never allow yourself to be complacent because a relationship seems good. Just like living cr...
10 Things Happy Couples Do
10 Things Happy Couples Do10 Things Happy Couples Do10 Things Happy Couples Do10 Things Happy Couples Do
Fireworks are great, but that's not what keeps love strong for years.
3 Steps to Become a Better Listener
3 Steps to Become a Better Listener