What are the health benefits of having a happy marriage?

Matters of the heart affect a lot more than just your heart. If you're happily married, you'll have lower blood pressure and less depression than single people, even singles with a great social network.

What is it about being happily married that's so healthy? One biggie: You encourage each other to see a doctor when you should. Another: You give each other emotional support through good times and through bad, in sickness and in health, which makes your bodies run better and boosts your overall health. A third: You often laugh together.

Continue Learning about Relationships and Family

How should I treat my neighbor?
Lisa OzLisa Oz
The word "neighbor" does not refer to people living on the same block or in the same voting district...
How Can I Feel More Comfortable With My Body During Sex?
Should I Talk Dirty During Sex?
Should I Talk Dirty During Sex?
Why Are Social Networks Important to Healthcare?