How can tough times increase the depth of my relationship with my partner?

Armin Brott
Pediatrics
Making it through a tough time can give both of you a sense that "if we can get through that, we can get through anything." The confidence that comes from making it through, and the skills you had to learn to survive whatever it was, will help keep your relationship stronger as you move forward. This is especially true for military families, which go through frequent, lengthy deployments that can be hell on relationships. 
Lisa Oz
Health Education

The depth in a relationship comes from sticking it out through the tough times. It is in these moments that the real learning and strongest bonding take place - when we develop as individuals and as a couple. We all experience periods of indifference, betrayal, or disappointment, episodes in our lives when it would be easier just to walk away. However, genuine loving relationships are built on commitment to something higher than the individual egos involved.

Continue Learning about Relationships and Family

How to Avoid 3 Common Relationship Mistakes
Have you ever wondered why so many people's attempts to save their marriages fail? Why so many people divorce? Why so many who go to counseling still ...
Do relationships change with time?
Tiffanie Davis Henry, PhDTiffanie Davis Henry, PhD
No relationship in your life will or should stay the same as time goes on.  One of the greatest gift...
7 Ways a Strong Relationship Can Boost Your Health
7 Ways a Strong Relationship Can Boost Your Health7 Ways a Strong Relationship Can Boost Your Health7 Ways a Strong Relationship Can Boost Your Health7 Ways a Strong Relationship Can Boost Your Health
Whether it’s a romantic partner, close friend, family member or a good neighbor, the benefits of a bestie are profound.
How Can I Feel More Comfortable With My Body During Sex?