How long does it take before people are willing to work in support groups?

Karyn Hall
Every individual is different. Some people will be eager to open up and begin to work quickly. Others will not feel safe or comfortable immediately and will wait for three or four sessions. Some may work internally but not share their thoughts and changes. 

Continue Learning about Relationships and Family

How to Improve Your Partner’s Health Habits
Grant Woods’ American Gothic portrays an aging farm couple who look a lot alike, despite her bun and his overalls. If you and your spouse also look mo...
What is the key to a loving relationship?
Arianna HuffingtonArianna Huffington
In my experience, the key to loving relationships is to be found in gaining access to the love insid...
7 Ways a Strong Relationship Can Boost Your Health
7 Ways a Strong Relationship Can Boost Your Health7 Ways a Strong Relationship Can Boost Your Health7 Ways a Strong Relationship Can Boost Your Health7 Ways a Strong Relationship Can Boost Your Health
Whether it’s a romantic partner, close friend, family member or a good neighbor, the benefits of a bestie are profound.
How Do I Influence the Health of Other People in My Social Network?