How can I be more successful in relationships?

Lisa Oz
Health Education
The first and most important thing you can do whenever you're anticipating being in a new relationship is to be really honest with yourself. Most of us never get beyond the superficial layer of our motivations: We think we want to be in a relationship because we're lonely, because it'd be fun, or because we want sexual intimacy. It would really serve your relationships better if you spend time examining your needs, desires, fears, and motivations and looking at your past, what you want presently, and who you are. If you don't, you'll never be able to connect with someone on an intimate level. You will be less fearful of commitment and new possibilities if you focus on all of the good things that come with these new experiences. You’ll be more successful and happier.

Continue Learning about Relationships and Family

3 Steps to Start Rekindling a Relationship
Desire is a delicate thing. Whether it's your fifth date or your fifth anniversary, it's easy to do or say something that makes that spark between you...
How do I know if I have good social support?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
It won’t hurt to evaluate your social network. Look at your social network and make sure you hav...
10 Things Happy Couples Do
10 Things Happy Couples Do10 Things Happy Couples Do10 Things Happy Couples Do10 Things Happy Couples Do
Fireworks are great, but that's not what keeps love strong for years.
What Are Some Common Myths About Men and Relationships?